Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Darkened Gold: Golden Dark...

      I remember telling endless stories in the dark when I was four years old. I would stand on the cushion in the lantern light telling my mother and my aunt and my brother and my uncle and my cousin (we had a big family) stories that interweave into more abstract stories. I can still remember myself demonstrating motions of the characters in my stories as I stand on our sofa in NEPA's essence. I can vividly remember a story about a monster resembling a gorilla, only more evil and duly described as such. I have been a freak for a minute. I was four and my most frequent expression (especially when someone wasn't getting me) was "oh jelus" (pronounced oh-ji-lus). I was born with a lisp and still represent it. The most beautiful aspect of that time is that I was an albino (you would say a ginger {a golden child [an afin]}). I was beautiful and pure. I still am. My eyes were like clear rice husk (the start of the golden journey) and my hair was same (but not transparent)... I was only four... And the folks in my village will never stop calling me 'Pepper', I guess that's the translation of Golden...

2 comments:

  1. How many people esp girls actually believed this story when you told it to them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story has never been told. It happens to be one of my recurring thoughts. Mayb I'll start telling it (and taking counts to know how many people believe it). Pls put your name after subsequent comments, thanks...

    ReplyDelete