Friday, April 6, 2012

Bauchi Leavinvitation...

I remember the first time I left Bauchi, my senior boss was ranting about how careless I was with my admission such that I missed it through mere irresponsibility. At this moment, we were already about 77km from Bauchi and the scolding was colouring my spleen white. We passed between two rocks obviously broken or blasted or maybe both so the road can continue through it. The road curves out of the rocky crack in a couple of s's that pass under two sets of power transmission lines twice each (you may need to see it to under-stand it. It goes in under both and curves out from under both). My old boy had since faded into the background of my awareness and his words seemed reduced to a need for company. I watched the road so attentively, I forgot about my spleen and enjoyed the windscreen suck away my coming past and present predicament. You could say I was tar-red or tyred but I wasn't tired. Subsequently though, when I passed that portion of the road, I remember leaving Bauchi...

No comments:

Post a Comment